Subito is the number 1 place for buying and selling in Italy. We were founded in Milan in 2007 and today, in our country, we are stably positioned in the top 10 most-visited online brands, and as the first for classified ad posting (source: Media Audiweb Total Digital Audience 2018).
Our objective has always been to offer an online buying and selling experience which is the simplest, fastest and most secure in Italy. With Subito, everyone: from those making their first transaction to professional sellers and companies, succeed in doing business, and a good deal is often a synonym for a dream being realised. We owe the great results we have achieved to an intuitive and efficient platform and to a wide and high-quality offer, with moderated content for maximum security. And of course, to a tireless team of people who work with a passion for our users.
Subito is part of Adevinta, the multinational organization with successful operations in 12 countries in the field of online marketplaces (websites of classified ads and digital services).
Does web traffic intrigue you? Do you know programming languages better than italian? Find out what you can do in the Subito Transactions team!
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer that helps us design and develop our APIs and work in an environment with hundreds of microservices.
In Subito you will collaborate with Product Owners, UX designers and Software Engineers to deliver game changing products. We have a strong “you built it, you run it” approach, so you will automatically deploy and monitor your services to identify issues before our customers do. We move fast with a no-blame approach. Deploy with courage, and if you break it then fix it!
TYPICAL DAY IN SUBITO
- Catch up with your team in a stand-up meeting
- Check the health of your applications
- Share updates with other engineers from across the company
- Work on the stories in your sprint: write code, test and deploy!
- Monitor your changes as they go live
- Review the code of your teammates
- Take a break with a free coffee or by playing foosball or ping pong with your colleagues
- Minimum of 3 years of experience implementing REST API.
- Deep knowledge in at least two programming or scripting languages: Go, Python, Ruby, Java.
- Confident with event sourcing and apache Kafka.
- Confident with RDBMS like PostgreSQL and MySql as well as NoSQL DBs like Redis, Cassandra.
- Knowledge of TDD and DDD methodologies.
- Knowledge of common microservice architecture patterns like dynamic service discovery, circuit breaking, bulkhead.
- Confident in designing the architecture of new services
- Strong sense of responsibility on all sides of the product, not only at an API level.
- knowledge of docker and container system in general
- experience in continuous delivery strategies
- experience in profiling and debugging performance issues
- Knowledge of commons web development patterns: MVC, ActiveRecord, Dependency Injection and Clean architecture.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours and smart working up to 5 days per week
- € 300 Gift Card for your remote workstation
- Competitive total remuneration
- Work with OKRs goal setting framework
- Personal training budget to attend conferences and events
- Challenging collaboration with global teams
- International career and growth opportunities
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and assets
- Healthcare plan, welfare plan and wellbeing initiatives
- Ticket restaurant (even if you work remotely)
- Break with healthy fruits, beverages and coffee (when you work from the office)
- Relaxing area with ping-pong and foosball, of course…
“Subito is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Subito for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s your story. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We love creating opportunities for others by connecting buyers and sellers from all over Italy. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation – is a source of creativity and enriches us all. Diversity opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively, and diversity helps us adapt to a changing world. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background”
This announcement is addressed to both sexes, pursuant to laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to persons of all ages and nationalities, in accordance with the legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.