You shall be working in the global Research and Development department, which is responsible for the development of product portfolio for the Grid Edge Solutions (GES) team. The Hitachi Energy battery energy storage portfolio “e-meshTM PowerStoreTM” is a scalable energy storage solution that is designed to ensure reliable power availability, grid stability, highest possible penetration of renewable energy for both grid-connected and off-grid systems (microgrids).
- Responsible for the simulation models development, testing and validation.
- Responsible for documentation generation, version tracking and quality checks.
- Provides training and support of GES colleagues, customers, and consultants.
- Master degree, preferred in either Electrical or Electronic Engineering, with focus on Power System stability and Power Electronics domain. A PhD in the area DER grid integration of with focus on control aspects would be a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in modelling and studying Power Systems and Power Electronics, using state of the art tools (Matlab Simulink, DIgSILENT Power Factory, PSCAD)
- Excellent knowledge of Power System, Power Electronics and Control system modelling tools (Matlab Simulink, DIgSILENT Power Factory, PSCAD).
- Experience in executing Grid Impact Studies is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python, PyTest and simulation automation techniques is a plus.
- Excellent communication in English is essential in our global organization
- Solid presentation skills and fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- High awareness for quality, process and tool in related area.
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and structured way of working. Able to operate in a highly motivated team environment.
- Availability to travel globally (20 – 30% of the time)