Process Engineer – Casalpusterlengo (LO)
Main Job Purpose
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow. To succeed in this hyper-competitive business environment, we need to move quickly, test new opportunities, learn rapidly and adapt our ways of working. To achieve this, we need people with a passion for digital, analytics and organizational change, who are not afraid to break convention and who want to be a revolutionary within our business.
The Process Engineer is a member of the Manufacturing team, responsible for technical and process production support at Unilever’s Casalpusterlengo plant. The Process Engineer role is critical to the development of our factories to World Class Manufacturing, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses. He or She will apply a large range of Focused and Quality Improvement methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics.
The Process Engineer collaborates with the manufacturing and engineering teams, focusing on technical elimination of losses and waste on the production lines and is involved in continuous improvement projects. The Process Engineer is essential in the Run to Standard approach, as one of the three key roles foreseen by this methodology. Working directly with the line crews on a daily basis, the Process Engineer also acts as a technical trainer for line teams and provides coaching in phenomena identification, root cause analysis and the establishment of countermeasures. Finally, the Process Engineer, is responsible for the validation of all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line.
Here is a breakdown of what you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the Operations and Engineering manager, support and propose activities related to the process continuous improvement on the production lines;
- Oversee and assess existing processes and workflows while optimizing productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures;
- Participate actively in production daily meetings;
- Assemble reports to document process status and changes;
- Track metrics to discover areas for improvement and monitor upgrades;
- Support the Implementation of the KPI(s), collect and analyze processing performance data for innovation projects;
- Work closely with area leader and technicians;
- Collaborate with the Safety and Quality departments for compliance with the Standards;
- Use process knowledge to help develop and deliver novel products and processes for new consumer offerings and provide strategic supply chain advantage;
- Supporting the Factory capability analysis (equipment lines etc) for innovation readiness;
- Support the implementation of digital innovations and projects.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Engineering Master’s Degree. Preferably in Industrial, Mechanical and Management Engineering;
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Extremely well-organized, precise and able to multi-task with excellent prioritizing and time-management skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to act as a team player;
- English proficiency and Italian mother tongue;
- Fast learner, open minded and growth mindset;
- Having a “Can Do” attitude and result oriented;
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills and attention to details, data driven (uses data to support recommendation);
Please note that only the most suitable candidates will be contacted. Please note that your contact data will be registered in our data base and might be used in the future for other recruitment purposes. This job advertisement is open to both sexes, according to the laws 903/77 and 125/91.