“The Joy of Food for a Better Life” is Barilla’s purpose to bring people closer to the joy of good food and making quality the choice for a better life. It’s a commitment from field to fork, to bring to the world tasty, joyful and wholesome products, made with selected raw materials from responsible supply chains. Because what we eat today can change our tomorrow. Because good food is a joy for the present and a choice for a better future.”
For our plants in Italy (Cremona and Muggia), we are looking for Junior Engineers to join our Operations team and reporting directly to our Operations Vice Presidents.
The purpose of the role is to develop technical mastery in Barilla plant processes and projects in one of our production plants, undertaking a development path within the Manufacturing and Operations job families, both technical and project management related.
The specific project could differ from plant to plant, but the goal is to train the person on the various aspects of the Plant (continuous improvement, manufacturing and operations, engineering, production).
You will work with passionate people and receive training on the job & mentoring from your line managers and other colleagues.
Who we are looking for
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (and similar)
- Excellent academic background
- Study or work experience abroad
- Strong interest in Operations/Manufacturing/Production
- Availability to relocate in one of our Plants (Northern and Southern Italy)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in team
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent English and Italian
- A previous experience would be considered as a plus
- Temporary Contract, for 11 months, to evaluate the candidates’ potential and eventually hire them with a permanent contract
- Relocation indemnity if applicable
- Development programme made of trainings and job rotations throughout various teams and plants to grow in Barilla’s Supply Chain and test your leadership
- Different challenges aimed to gain technical skills and experience on projects
- Variety of learning opportunities and formats, because learning happens through experience, interaction and training
- Passionate and people-friendly work environment across the generations
- Trustful workplace where to drive results and give your contribution
- Equal opportunity employer that invites to be your authentic self
- Location: Cremona and Muggia
- Starting date: May / June 2023
As a Barilla Junior Engineer you’ll be the owner of your own projects and career. Are you up for the challenge? If so, apply to this position!
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an accessible, inclusive, open and welcoming workplace environment for people with different abilities, backgrounds, lifestyles, sexual orientation, gender identity, needs and expectations, helping all individuals to make the most of their professional potential. We honor our commitments under articles 1 and 18 of Law No. 68/1999 and give special consideration to candidates in protected categories