Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development, and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Generali Investments Holding S.p.A. guarantees a solid framework of services designed to support various asset management activities. Key elements include the provisioning of IT services over all applications underpinning the investment and asset management value chain (Front Office, Trading Desk, Investment Compliance, Middle and Back Office, Analytics and Reporting, etc.) The company also acts as a holding company, retaining share capital in the boutiques and Generali Investments’ companies.
Master Data Management function is looking for knowledgeable, determined and flexible resources to support the team with the management of Investment Master data. The objective of the Master data management team is to manage and distribute Investment Master Data across Generali Group, ensuring their consistency, accuracy and reliability.
Key Job responsibilities:
- Daily management of data flows for creation of static and reference data for Assets (i.e. Bond, Equity, Fund, Listed and OTC derivatives, Alternative Investments) and Legal entities, their elaboration and maintenance, e.g. management of daily automatic data flows coming from other internal systems, information received from Public Providers (i.e. Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE Data Services, Morningstar) or provided within relevant documentation (i.e. Termsheets).
- Daily management of data on corporate events and other administrative events.
- Daily management of reference data on clients and counterparties (e.g., portfolios, cash accounts, broker restrictions configuration), grating consistency consolidating the information coming from multiple sources.
- Execution and management of data quality checks and controls, proactive contribution to timely identification and resolution of issues.
- Assisting the team on activities related to alternative investments, e.g. analysing necessary documentation, monitoring delivery deadlines related to net asset value, interacting with other teams within the organisation on input data.
- Manipulation and analysis of large data sets.
- Grant an orderly management of the archive for all the documents related to the assigned activities.
- Assist in driving process improvements projects, such as automation and innovation initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master Degree in Finance or Economics.
- Understanding of a wide range of asset classes and markets. Good knowledge of financial instruments features and Providers knowledge (i.e. Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE Data Services, Morningstar).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge in SQL and Data Processing (FTP, batch, etc.) as well as knowledge of SimCorp Dimension and/or Smartco Neoxam DataHub is a plus.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, attention to details.
- Experience – 1 to 3 Years (Data management/Finance experience preferred).
Specific Skills Required:
- Italian and English fluency, written and spoken, is a requisite.
- Self-motivated, strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and willing to take over responsibility at a very early stage.
- Solid problem solving and ability to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- International mindset.
- Ability to detail technical information in order to produce concise and effective presentations.
- Hands-on, curious, highly-motivated and energetic, flexible, thorough and with a deep sense of client’s interest and with a clear focus on results
Generali is proud to be an inclusive employer that considers applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, political views, marital status or philosophy of life.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation or assistance, we will support you during the selection process.