MAINTENANCE ENGINEER INTERN
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to support the Maintenance Manager and Facilities in the factory.
The job includes interacting with different stakeholders such as supervisors and technicians at the site, working with the maintenance teams and learning how to manage day-to-day maintenance systems and programs. The position reports to the site Maintenance Manager.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a dot connector: You work closely with the site team and the Maintenance Manager to build a robust maintenance, infrastructure and to drive change, sustain and improve performance and customer service at manufacturing.
You’re a change maker: You will be working with the site technical and operations community in an integrated, high performance work team in order to constantly find ways to improve safety, preventive maintenance and productivity looking at alternative technical solutions, besides working together with the site to sweat the assets, finding ways to extend the operating life of equipment, improving efficiencies, lowering environmental footprint and lowering operating costs.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: You have technical knowledge in systems approach in all work efforts, adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as a value. You have the ability to balance a variety of priorities while maintaining healthy relationships with the engineering team, operations team on the shopfloor, key stakeholders and customers.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Engineering Master’s Degree. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering;
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
- Professional engineering skills
- Maintenance Systems knowledge
- Budget management skills
- SOLs: Purpose & Service, Personal Mastery, Agility, Business Acumen, Talent Catalyst, Passion for High Performance, Consumer Love
- Skills: Leadership, Communication, Persuasion, Project Management, Analytical/ Systems Thinking
- Structured work and thinking
- Self-motivating with high problem-solving focus