Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Within Group Audit we are looking for 2 talented and proactive interns that will be allocated to support the teams in different projects and strategic activities. The interns could be assigned in one of the following units: Investments, Asset & Wealth Management Audit or Audit GBL&International.
The internships will be activated starting from 01.02.2021 for a minimum of 6 months. Location would usually be in Trieste or Milan, however, due to the current Covid-19 sanitary emergency, these internships will be virtual.
The intern, depending on the team assigned, may be involved in the following activities, first with the support of the tutor and then with growing autonomy:
- Supporting the audit team for planning, executing and reporting on audits/reviews of Group Audit
- Performing audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques
- Documenting the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
- Assisting in the regular follow-up and appraisal of the implementation status of issued recommendations from auditing activities
- Supporting in the preparation of the periodical reports of the Group Audit (e.g. periodical report to the Corporate Bodies, internal reporting of the Group Audit)
- Supporting the managers in the execution of the identified audits and in the preparation of internal reporting documents
Our ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- University education in the field of Business Administration, Accounting and/or Finance
- High level of confidentiality considering the type and number of information collected during the audit activity
- Excellent analytical thinking and precision in execution of the assigned tasks
- Good knowledge of computer work and advanced command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Flexibility to changes and capability of management simultaneous tasks
- Balance, reliability, learning ability and teamwork orientation, capable of working under pressure, reserved, proactive, persistent
Nice to have
- Master in internal Audit, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance
- Experience in the internal or external audit, possibly in a financial institution (insurance company or bank)
- Knowledge of internal control environments, business administration, accounting, finance, asset management activity, Ivass/Consob/Banca d’Italia regulations