As a Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc. you will be responsible for architecture, design and development of next generation of embedded multimedia cards (like eMMC and UFS) based on Micron solid-state flash technologies.
The ideal candidate for this role would share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are looking for highly talented, passionate, and versatile engineers that can create the next generation managed memories solutions.
• Analysis of the requirements, architecture definition, design and debug of managed memories products firmware.
• Developing source code targeting the embedded system.
• Performing effective analysis of functional issues or performance profiling with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems.
• Contribute to process improvements to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
• Programming experience in C (C++ is a plus) for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of data structures, and implementing highly optimized code.
• Knowledge of ARM or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures.
• Experience with lab tools: Logic Analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analyzers;
Additional experience that will constitute a plus:
• In depth experience of software and firmware development methodologies to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market (design verification, code reviews, prototyping and product testing).
• Experience with one or more of the following storage related technologies: NAND Flash/FTL, SSD, eMMC or UFS is a plus.
• Hands on experience in firmware development and verification, system failure analysis and problem solving
• Familiarity and experience with modern agile software development methodologies and practices is preferred.
Desired skills include:
• Good English Knowledge (speech and writing);
• Be action-oriented and organized
• Ability to handle short notice needs/requests;
• ability to work abroad
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer engineering or equivalent is required.
• New graduated or 2+ years of proved experience in the embedded systems development
Additional Job Description
Conducts analysis, designs, performs programming, debugs and modifies software. Troubleshoots code for firmware applications. Utilizes analog and digital hardware and software operating systems. Typically, programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages, (e.g., C, C++)