Settore funzionaleIngegneria, impiantistica
Do you have the passion for a role in Electrical Engineering?
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?
Join our Electrical Engineering team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Here below some examples of our Hot Jobs in the ELECTRICAL area:
Lead Electrical Engineer
In a dynamic and fast-growing environment, you shall be responsible to lead autonomously the execution of electrical engineering projects for complex power generation and moto-compression trains (e.g. power generation modules and electric LNG projects).
You will act as unique entry point for the Customer during all job phases, starting from bidding phase up to the train commissioning and start-up, taking the lead during the overall project phases.
As Lead Electrical Engineer you will:
- Read Customer contractual specifications; perform technical selection of all electrical items in scope of supply (e.g. Electrical MV generators, MCC, DCP, Batteries, Control Cab, Electrical MV motor, MV Variable Speed Drive Systems); formulate functional purchase specifications and close technical alignment of supplier technical proposals;
- Be responsible of technical documentation during the engineering development phase following up with supplier and customer up to finalization.
- Carry out engineering design reviews with suppliers and customers to ensure compliance with customer contractual specifications and project applicable international rules;
- Coordinate external and internal global resources for engineering activities development, providing constructive technical growth insights;
- Participate to FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) for main/critical items and support to manufacturing team for internal testing. Engineering site support during plant commissioning and start-up;
- Interface in effective way with project team members (PE, PM, DE’s) and other involved functions (e.g. Sourcing, Sales, Application and Manufacturing teams);
- Execute electric studies and simulations (such as dynamic transient stability, short circuit, load flow studies) and electro-mechanic studies (such as sub-synchronous torsional interaction studies) with the use of simulation tools like Matlab/Simulink, ETAP and DigSilent.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Masters’ degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience within an engineering environment in similar positions
- Deep technical knowledge of electrical item design and selection (rotating machines, MV/LV panels, variable speed drive systems) and related technical issues;
- PC proficiency and expertise with Matlab/Simulink, DIgSILENT and ETAP simulation tools.
- Knowledge of international standards (e.g. IEC, NEMA, ISO, API.) covering electrical rotating machines, adjustable speed drives, MV/LV panels;
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems;
- Effective problem-solving abilities;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Fluency in English;
- EU Work Permit.
Senior Electrical Engineer
As a Senior Electrical Engineer for Plant & Module Technology team, you will lead the design for O&G and Power Plants BOP Electrical Systems. You’ll perform grid studies and coordinate the introduction of innovative solutions for our customers. Carrying out equipment and systems requisition activities you’ll shape the development of drawings and MTOs for installation.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing project design activities to ensure schedule, HSE and Quality requirements, engineering hours and materials budgets
- Providing support to teams for conceptual designs during bid and execution, site erection activities, plant commissioning and start-up
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop competences and standards for Combined Cycle Power Plant, Power Management System and Grid Studies
- Performing and reviewing power plant electrical studies to identify energy innovations and to lead the quality continuous improvement process
- Reviewing and presenting technical information confidently and efficiently to customers and engineers to provide insight and guidance
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and demonstrate expertise in an engineering position
- Show experience with the design of Balance of Plant (BOP) Electrical Systems
- Show knowledge and practice with International Codes such as, IEC, NEMA, NEC and familiarity with energy products
- Demonstrate expertise in ETAP or similar programs for grid studies
- Have good verbal and written skills, be fluent both in English and Italian and hold an EU passport
- Have the ability to work and lead with multi-disciplined cross-functional teams in a global matrix environment
- Be able to show excellent problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Be able to show a good working knowledge of Microsoft office and engineering software tools
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Our sites are accessible to people with disabilities. We’ll set up appropriate arrangements or accommodation to offer you a comfortable and productive work experience.