Settore funzionaleIngegneria, impiantistica
Italdesign is looking for a Connected Car Specialist to take a lead role in the development of in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems for the technical area of Connectivity.
The candidate will be employed in the Infotainment, Connected Car and User Interface team of the Electrical/Electronics Engineering department in the Moncalieri HQ of Italdesign in Italy.
After an orientiation phase, the successful candidate will work within a specific customer project and fully be responsible for the Connected Car topics.
- Work closely with Project Manager and adhering to all necessary requests;
- Understand the E/E car architecture to accommodate requests for the connectivity of the infotainment system in the car including to other cars (V2V) and backend server infrastructure (V2I);
- Establish and maintain an overview of the customer’s entire automotive cloud ecosystem (incl. Backend technologies), in order to be able to identify and adapt protocol requirements to achieve the required Connectivity goals;
- Support the development of advanced infotainment features/functions and their documentation in the requirements tool chain;
- Interface with customers on Connectivity topics through workshops and meetings;
- Coordinate with other departments and suppliers steering;
- Perform project scheduling, management and issue tracking for Connectivity technical topics;
- Perform problem item investigation and resolution;
- Generate technical reports and various presentation materials to communicate issues, achievements, and technical information for project evaluations and information sharing across the organization;
- Plan and direct software and hardware updates to test facilities.
- Domain expertise and experience in Connectivity, covering backend (V2I) and car-to-car (V2V), ideally Celluar-V2X (the role is for applications of communications technology at the higher protocol levels, and not the low-level development of the communication channel itself);
- Experience in designing and integrating Backend Services;
- Knowledge of Automotive Backend Structures and Backend Communication;
- Knowledge of the latest communication protocols (e.g. SOME/IP);
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication and associated tools (e.g. CAN, Ethernet and Vector Tools).
- Knowledge of the latest IT security requirements (e.g. secure Service Orientated Archiecture);
- Experience with test case definition and test execution management;
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Education: Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Communication Technology, Computer Science or a closely related topic.
- Language skills: Fluent knowledge of written and spoken Italian and English are required. Knowledge of German would be appreciated.
- Workplace: Moncalieri (TO) and availability to travel.
- Benefit: continuous training (technical, soft and languages skills), company canteen, health insurance, car leasing program, smart working, flexible benefits, good work-life balance.
Italdesign is committed to create an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (L.903/77).