Expert.ai is the premier artificial intelligence platform for natural language understanding. Its unique hybrid approach to NLU combines symbolic human-like comprehension and machine learning to transform language-intensive processes into practical knowledge, providing the insight required to improve decision making throughout organizations.
Our mission is simple: we want to create technology that transforms language into knowledge and insight!
Our vision is to make anyone an expert with simple, powerful AI tools that capture the value of natural language.
With your help, Expert.ai will continue to create experts all over the world. Join us to make a difference!
We are looking for a for an open minded, highly motivated person to reinforce the Integration and Consulting team with a permanent contract.
As a Computational Linguist you will join project teams to build top-notch NLP/NLU solutions for our Customers and Partners worldwide, ensuring that all issues are dealt with in the most effective and satisfactory way. Not only you have a firm grasp of general linguistics (semantics, syntax, morphology) but you have also experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing and computational linguistics.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on an innovative solution and to give your contribution in a growing and international company.
You can be based in Italy (Modena, Rovereto-TN, Milano, Roma), while working with other resources that are geographically distributed.
What you will do:
As a Computational Linguist, you will:
- Identify logical patterns underlying the language, write semantic rules on Expert.ai’s proprietary IDE to meet Customers’ expectations
- Perform tests and validations to verify the effectiveness of the implemented solution
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the core technology
- Identify suitable solutions for clients in the field of Natural Language Processing
- Work with Project Managers, Software Engineers and other Knowledge Engineers on Customer’s projects
Who you are:
- Graduated in Computational Linguist or Languages
- Experienced in coding with Python and/or C++: write data processing scripts to transform or extract knowledge from unstructured data, including hands-on experience with regular expressions
- Analytical person with excellent written and verbal communication skills in a technical context
- Independent worker with the ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude
- Fluent English, both oral and written (the knowledge of other languages will be considered a plus)
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture and values that focus on teamwork, innovation and passion for artificial intelligence and language
- Buddy system for each new employee, an onboarding and knowledge sharing method to orient new employees
- Flexible working arrangements and attention to work/life balance
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Customized induction & Onboarding training that will facilitate the initiation process and accelerate your integration into our daily business activities
- A performance appraisal process that will bring annual assessment of skills, targets achievement and areas of improvement
- A welfare platform where you can purchase goods and services