At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for ambitious graduates to join our Commercial Graduate Program in Milan. As part of this program, graduates will be assigned to a role in one of our different Amazon businesses. Available opportunities include: Amazon Merchant Services as a New Accounts Manager, Retail Vendor Recruitment as a Vendor Manager or Amazon Vendor Services as Brand Specialist.
Amazon Merchant Services
Amazon Merchant Services covers all third party merchants’ activity related to selling on Amazon as well as the specific services and products we offer to help develop and grow these sellers. As a New Accounts Manager you will have responsibility for the growth of Amazon’s third party merchants across a variety of different product categories and from different countries. Key responsibilities include:
- Prospect, qualify, and call important leads
- Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by Merchant Services Deliver and report on a set of business development targets
- Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence
- Learn the Merchant Services portfolio and the Amazon culture
- Use feedback to identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools
- Work with different parts of the Amazon business to implement improvement projects, including working with category teams, product teams, and technical support teams
Retail Vendor Recruitment (RVR)
As part of the Retail organization, the Vendor Manager helps recruit and on-board new vendors. Targeting the most relevant selection for our customers, you will aim at recruiting new vendors and making their selection available on the website. In close coordination with Retail teams, you will drive new vendors through all the on-boarding phases, up to their first units shipped. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by cold-calling potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon
- Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon’s internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
- Plan, conduct, deliver and report analyses to understand the performance of recruited vendors
- Help to develop and improve recruiting and on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers and identifying technical improvement areas.
Amazon Vendor Services (AVS)
As Brand Specialist, you will be part of the Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) team, which provides a suite of services designed to help Amazon’s most strategic brands working across all key areas of retail business. You will work with vendors supplying the top brands on Amazon, acting as the main point of contact for them. Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow your brands and improve their performance. You will do this while facilitating great business relationships and ensuring vendors’ satisfaction with the service.
Key responsibilities as a Brand Specialist are:
· Own the relationship end-to-end with top brands
· Partner internally with key retail functions to contribute to the definition of priorities and operational goals according to the brands’ needs
· Define joint business plans and assist in delivering impact for the brands you support directly
· Regularly audit metrics to continually drive quality of the AVS experience and deliver targets
· Contribute to continuous enhancement and innovation within the AVS across EU
Brand Specialists work on a variety of tasks for the brands they support, typically falling within the five focus areas. These include but are not limited to:
· Business Advice: Providing business advice based on deep financial analysis and reporting, to identify areas of opportunities
· Selection: Helping grow the selection of products by managing the launch of new products and improving product discoverability
· Availability: Support driving process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation
· Traffic: Analyzing traffic channels and working on initiatives to generate traffic by supporting the development, execution of marketing and merchandising campaigns
· Conversion: Planning and executing promotional activities and improving customer journey on Amazon
This role is a full time (40h/week) non rotational program for students who have graduated less than 12 months ago. As a new graduate you will be provided with all the relevant training when joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you’d expect from one of the world’s leading online businesses.
- In final year of study for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or graduated in the last 12 months
- Studies within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar field
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English and Italian
- Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills
- Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing, consulting, negotiation or supply chain is a plus
- Experience using analytical specific tools such as Google Analytics, SQL or HTML is a plus
- Proficient written and verbal communication in a second European language
Application and Assessment Process
Successful candidates will be invited to attend online interviews and if offered will be allocated to a role and team based on skills for the role. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our Student Events page to register for one of our upcoming virtual events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
This position is preferably intended for candidates belonging to Protected Categories with certification as beneficiary of Law 68/99, Article 1, Paragraph 1
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.